Thousand Oaks Chinese School (TOCS) is working closely with the Ventura Public Health Care Agency & the Conejo Valley Unified School District for preparedness and preventing the spread of COVID-19 among students and staff.
Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
Standard precautions, and best practices to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as cold and flu apply to COVID-19. These include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Individuals with chronic health issues and/or individuals experiencing severe symptoms should be evaluated by a medical professional.
- Get vaccinated for the flu every year.
Additional Public Information
- California Department of Public Health website
- CDC website
Thousand Oaks Chinese School